So, as expected, I OD'd on my free will field trip yesterday. (Yes, it IS all biblical when you get down to it.)
My much anticipated day of freedom led to some overly ambitious decision making. Case in point: I am in traction. Silly me decided a "great" start to my free day would be an exhilarating 8 mile run to start the blood flowing! Suited up in full parka, praise&worship tunes a la Nano, and tightly laced kicks I was outta the gate with a BANG. Sadly, my body mistook my over-supply of adrenaline with actual physical fitness. By 3pm yesterday I was King Tutt swaddled on the couch with barely enough energy to hold the remote. So sad.
Lesson Learned: When left to our own judgment, free will WILL make it hard to squat and pee without your quads exploding into flames.
Before you lavish me with pity- the day was not a total deficit. I did have a successful shopping trip to Wallmart (the Ship of DREAMS dear Rose) where I think I now have most of my Halloween costume supplies. YES! My only mild concern is exactly HOW flammable premium polyester fiberfill is? You know, sometimes child fire safety issues must take second fiddle to an adorable homemade costume to be remembered for decades right?
Alrighty, off to glorify God (somehow) in cleaning the bathroom, sorting laundry, and attempting stage 2 of potty training. I will Praise HIM with Pullups! If you focus- it can be done.
~Zee Hausfrau
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm concerned that this posted prior to 7am. Are you getting enough zzz's sister. I reommend medicating. T-burn by day, Tylenol PM by night. Potty training stage 2? Does this mean for Kenz, or is Emma finally switching to little GIRL panties? I too have the child saftey in mind with Gracie Olsteen's costume. Can I really use whitening strips on a 2 1/5 year old? humm....
No, sadly Emma is still toying with the notion of hemaphraditic dressing. (sigh) It is lil Mac's turn on the potty wheel of FUN!!! "I poop for stickers" I sware I should have made that into a shirt. No worries on the early a.m. posting- the clock must be off 'cause at 645a.m. I was being attacked by anklebiters wanting to 'brush mommies hair'. Bald patch anyone?
What happened to the cheetah running through the department store? I hope that you are mending well. I recommend buying a variety pack of halloween candy, then eating only the varieties that you like. The bowl, while still appearing full, is only missing all the orange wrapped Reeses.
I'm forced to recomment due to the lack of a recent post. Get on it!!! I'm Wa-hay-TING!!!!
Post a Comment